TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project: “Promoting access to AVRs medicines in middle-income countries”, funded by UNITAID (www.unitaid.eu).
Job: Advocacy Consultant
Consultancy term: 3 months (October/November/December 2016))
Wage: USD 4500 (total wage)
Information about the organization
FGEP is an NGO in Buenos Aires City, Argentina that advocates for Human Rights of people with HIV, hepatitis C and other diseases.
FGEP Works through advocacy by promoting access and improvement of public policies in matters of social inclussion, health services, treatments and health care.
FGEP aims its goals, strategies and actions to contribute to eliminate barriers of access to medicines, generated by intellectual property rights and others exclusive rights.
FGEP, in partnership with other organizations at national, regional and global level, concentrates its efforts in; 1) Increase public awareness about the need to guarantee sustainability for medicines procurement public programs, 2) Strengthen NGOS`s and activist’s skills and abilities to monitor and influence in public policies development, 3)Influence in public agenda from a Human Rights perspective, 4) Promote the improvement of public policies towards mitigating negative effects of intellectual property rights on access to treatment
FGEP also cooperates towards improving South- South Cooperation in the advocacy agenda on Public Health and Human Rights.
The consultant will undertake a joint and direct work with the coordination of FGEP and he or she will be responsible to promote initiatives and develop material for FGEP´s mobilization campaign. Also be responsible to develop contacts and relationships with partners on international networks and organizations. Since this consultancy will be undertaken at international level, the consultant must elaborate a strategic contacts database; interact with key partners to identify the goals of the campaign; implement communication strategies to guarantee the involvement of different stake holders. The consultant should elaborate a report about the contacts and outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop an advocacy and strategic communication plan, under the coordination of FGEP, according to its mission and goals.
- To develop a key contacts data base.
- To design strategies and implement advocacy activities at international level.
- To develop, promote and disseminate communication campaign´s messages.
- To assist and work in coordination with communications team.
- To plan, program and participate in interviews and media at international level.
- To develop progress and final reports related to the consultancy´s outcomes.
- To manage institutional relationships with organizations related to TLC negotiations between EU and Mercosur.
- To be able to participate in meetings, activities, seminars and other events if needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast work environment.
- Commitment and responsibility in results oriented management.
- Professionalism, integrity, respect for diversity commitment to permanent learning and transparency.
- Team work skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to consolidate information and to draft it in concise and attractive manner.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, health sciences, communication or related studies.
- Proven experience working on:
- CSOs related to access to medicines field.
- Mobilization of CSOs.
- Communication and advocacy on CSOs.
- Fluent written and oral English (compulsory.
The total compensation of the consultancy is USD 4500
The applicants should send the following documents:
- Intention letter in English (one veneer max), containing previous experience and two employment references.
The documents should be sent only via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until September 29th at 6.00 pm (Argentinian time) Subject: Consultancy advocacy-campaign.
The pre- selected applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview on October 3rd. Time to be confirmed by e-mail. The selection result will be communicated by e-mail as well.
The selection will be carried out based on the CVs and interviews.
FGEP will only contact applicants selected for next stage.